Brawlhalla How to Play Axe
How to play axe. Covering all the possible strings/followups and other important tips. Make sure to go through it you wanna main axe.
I have been playing axe for a long time and i am specialized in axe. I will cover this guide deeply so make sure to check out all the sections.
- True Combos
- Basic Dodge Reads
- Axe Legends Overview
- Slight > Jump > Nair (Work at all dmgs)
- Slight > Dlight (Works till orange)
- Slight > Sair (Best used as a kill option)
- 1. Dair Dlight (Works till orange) 1 Dodge frame
- 2. Dair Sair (Works at kill percentage)
- 3. Slight Jump Nair Jump Sair (Works at all damages)
- 4. Nlight CD Slight Nair (Low Damage)
- 5. Nlight CD Dlight Nair/Sair (If you expect them to jump after Nlight)
- 6. Slight Nair Recovery
Basic Dodge Reads
- 1. Slight Nair READ GC Dlight (Catches Dodge Up and out)
- 2. Slight Nair READ GC Slight Nair (Down dodge read)
- 3. Slight Nair GP (Catches Almost all the dodges + dodgeins) (Useable till 70 dmg)
- 4. Slight Nair READ recovery/ jump Sair (Catches Jumps and dodge Ups)
- 5. Slight Nair GC (Nsig or any other sig that catches Spot dodges)
- 1. Catch their jumps w Dlight
- 2. Make Sure You dont throw out Random slights because its very punishable
- 3. Do Not Over Extend Your string.
- 4. Spacing for slight is Important
- 5. Wake up using Dair or GC Nlight
- 6. Make Sure you dont give them stage control by floating a lot.
Axe Legends Overview
- 1. Barraza (Super good, Good stats, Good sigs) Watch Cody travis to learn Barraza
- 2. Brynn (Super good, Very good Stats, Good sigs) Watch Zexis Gaming to learn Brynn
- 3. Jhala (Super good, good stats low defence, good sigs) Watch Pugsy to learn Jhala
- 4. Azoth (Super good, Very Good stats, Extremely Good Sigs) No specific person but watch remmy, boomie to learn bow
- 5. Xull (Good, Okayish Stats, Okayish Sigs) Watch sandstorm
- 6. Volkov (Very good, Meh stats, Very good sigs) Watch sandstorm to mainly learn scythe
- 7. Teros (Good, Okay Stats, Good sigs) No one specific but watch probrawlhalla on twitch. Most of the people use teros
- 8. Ulgrim (Good, Okay stats, Good sigs) Watch Cosolix
- 7. Ragnir (Good, Good stats, Good sigs) Watch STTP Wilson or Wrenchd (To learn katars)
- 8. Rayman ( Super good, Super good stats, Very good sigs ) Watch sandstorm to learn gauntlets
- 1. Juggle your opponent with nairs as much as you can
- 2. Practice Dash Jump Nairs/ Reverse Nairs
- 4. Slight Nair is your main combo
- 5. Sair is your best kill option
- 6. Search for gimps because Dair and Gp on axe is really good
- 7. Do not overextended
- 8. Edge guard w Nlight to catch jumps off the ledge. Slight to catch recovery
- 9. If they are playing floaty, Search for Dairs and punish them
- 10. Dont let your opponent get to close to you. Use Dlight, Nlight to keep them away.
- 11. If a player is playing you at a point blank range. Dlight is your best option.
- 12. Practice eggdrops ( Throw weapon down, Pickup, Dair ) Insane for edge guarding
- 13. Sair off the wall if youre being edge guarded
- 14. Searching for sair to kill can be difficult sometimes so keep building up damage instead of getting punished for sairs and eventually your dlight, nlight will be able to kill.
- 15. Look for Falling sairs a lot. It has insane force to it.
- 16. Naming a few pro players for specific weapons
- Katars – wrenchd
- Lance – Cosolix
- Axe – Zexis Gaming
- Orb – Boomie Sandstorm Tiger
- Gaunts – Sandstorm, Phazon
- Spear – Stingray, ethan, Crockie
- Scythe – Sandstorm, Ethan, Atrophius
- Bow – Remmy Boomie
- Blasters – Boomie, Cody travis
- Sword – Noel, Phazon, Ethan, Wrenchd, iMLLama
- Cannon – Sandstorm
- Hammer – Lil capped, Kylar alice, Boomie, Simple
Hopefully I didnt miss out on anything. Axe is a really easy and good weapon to learn.