Chapter 8 Budding Bodyguard Quest Guide
Second Change Meeting
- At the beginning of Chapter 8, Cloud awakens at the Sector 5 Slums – Church and is greeted by Aerith.
- Once you regain control of Cloud, make sure you have the Elemental Materia and Lightning Materia equipped to your armor for the boss later. After the cutscene, look around the church then approach Aerith.
- Reno, alongside Shinra troops will burst in the church and try to capture Aerith.
- After the cutscene, defeat two groups of 2x Security Officer and 1x Elite Security Officer. Once you’ve defeated the second group, Reno jumps down and fights Cloud.
- If you have the lightning and elemental materia equipped to your armor, you can strengthen Cloud’s defenses against his lightning-based attacks.
- Defeat him to obtain the next objective.
Escape from the Church
- After the battle against Reno, the spectres appear and will pull both of them through the backdoor. The path here is pretty linear since the spectres will block some paths and lead you to where you should go. So all you have to do is follow Aerith.
- Head up the stairs and after the cutscene where the spectres save Aerith from falling down, you’ll reach a set of stairs that goes up and down. Go down first to find a chest containing 1x Talisman.
To the Attic, Rescue Aerith
- Continue going up the stairs then cross the beam. Once Aerith crosses, the Shinra soldiers will break in and shoot the beam, causing Aerith to fall. You’ll now have to rescue her.
- Walk to the middle of the railing and Cloud will automatically jump and hang up the braces of the ceiling. Work your way around until you reach the chandelier and Cloud cuts the chain to create a diversion for Aerith to escape.
- Continue working your way to the other end and regroup with Aerith.
- Follow her around the balcony and climb up the ladder leading to the church’s attic.
- In the attic, you’ll find a chest on the left side containing Smelling Salts. You won’t miss it.
- Maneuver your way around the attic until you’re outside.
Head for the Station
- Next, the goal is to reach the station via the rooftops. The path ahead is pretty much straightforward so just head to the marked objective.
- First, when you cross the other side after jumping across the water tank, you’ll find a chest containing 1x Moogle Medal. It’s on another roof that’s below you.
- Continue forward and climb up the short ladder and work your way around the narrow pipe.
- After the part where Aerith tries to recollect herself before jumping across the roof, at the top of the ladder, you’ll find another chest on the right side that has 1x Ether.
- Continue forward until you trigger another cutscene, shortly after, Aerith will join your party. Before you proceed, try to review her equipment, stats, abilities, and other information in the menu to learn more about her.
- Work your way around the junkyard until you encounter a Hedgehog Pie enemy along the way. You’ll be given a tutorial regarding Aerith’s capabilities as a caster and support character.
- Also, remember to Assess this new enemy to collect its data. You can use Blizzard against it to hit its weakness.
- Before you reach your objective, you’ll encounter another Hedgehog Pie and two Wererat enemies. This time, you’ll be given a tutorial explaining Aerith’s unique skill.
- Head forward until you trigger another cutscene.
- Once you reach the station, you’ll learn that the train has been stopped due to the destruction of the reactor.
- Before heading to the next section, make sure to use the vending machine at the station so you can find and purchase a music disc: 21. Cait Sith’s Theme for 50 Gil. There’s also a bench next to it that you can use to rest.
Through the Backstreets, Avoid the Turk
- After Cloud sees the Shinra helicopter that just pulled in, Aerith suggests going through the backstreets to avoid the turks.
- Proceed to the marked objective and you’ll find yourself in the Scrapyard of Sector 5 Slums.
- You’ll encounter Wererat and Gorger enemies along the way, simply defeat the enemies and work your way around the scrapyard.
Discovery: The Gate Won’t Open, Around the Gate
- Eventually, you’ll come across a gate that Aerith points out. You’ll find that the switch isn’t working and you’ll have to find a way around it.
- Push the Shinra metal crate on the left side and continue down the path towards the next section where you’ll encounter 3x Hedgehog Pie enemies once you walk up to the ladder.
- After defeating the monsters, climb up the ladder and work your way across the bars of the large pipe to get across that’s on the right side. You’ll find a chest on that has 1x Caliginous Bracelet.
- Go back up and this time, go left towards the set of stairs.
- In the next section, you’ll encounter another group of enemies, 2x Gorger and 1x Hedgehog Pie.
- When you’re near the marked objective, you’ll see that there’s an action icon on the left side where Cloud can jump on and cross the bars of the large pipe. There’s a chest on the other end containing 1x Remedy.
- Go back and open the gate that’s straight ahead. Ignore the one that’s at the top of the stairs first because it’s locked.
- Once you enter the large area, you’ll encounter a new enemy which is the Smogger. Use Thunder against it to hit its weakness. Once you defeat the Smogger, make sure to stand clear to avoid getting hit by the blast of its Self Destruct attack.
- After defeating the enemies, climb up the nearby ladder and you’ll find the gate which you couldn’t open earlier. You can flip the switch this time to open it up as a shortcut that you can use later on.
- Once you head back down, a Hedgehog Pie enemy will appear.
- From here, head to the marked objective where you’ll come across another gate that won’t open. You’ll have to find a way to go around it again.
- First, you’ll find a short ladder in the middle that’s attached to a blue metal crate. Climb up, then push the Shinra crate all the way to the end.
- Next, go back down and climb up the other ladder that’s on the left side. Proceed forward and cross the other side via the bars on the large pipe. Eventually, you’ll reach the other side of the locked gate, activate the switch so that Aerith can pass.
- Continue working your way forward through the scrapyard until you reach the center district.
Sector 5 Slums Monitor
- For this objective, simply follow Aerith.
To Aerith’s House
- After watching the report regarding the destruction of Mako Reactor 1, follow Aerith through the district until you reach her house where you’ll meet her foster mom, Elmyra.
Leaf House Delivery
- After the cutscene, your next objective is to help Aerith deliver flowers to the Leaf House.
- Head to the top floor of the house and go outside the balcony and admire the view.
- Go back down the living room and another cutscene will trigger.
- Now, follow Aerith as she picks flowers from the garden, you’ll be given the chance to pick any type of flower out of the three different kinds up to three times. So it’s up to your taste which one you want to take.
- After you’ve gathered the flowers, head to the front door of the Leaf House and Aerith will be the one to give the flowers. While she’s inside, you can kill time and explore the district to grab a few things.
- First, from the Leaf House, there’s a path in front of you, go down that path and turn right. You’ll find a chest containing 200 Gil that’s in the middle of the path.
- Next, go back, and continue heading down the path you were on. You’ll eventually come across the Materia Shop where you can purchase various Materia as well as another music disc: 19. Costa del Sol.
- Apart from that, you’ll also find the Sector 5 Slums Weapons Shop, Sector 5 Slums Item Shop, a bench that you can use to rest, and Chadley’s Secret Research.
- Near the weapons store, if you go around the south corner, you’ll find a chest that has 1x Echo Mist.
- From the chest where you got the Echo Mist, turn around and you’ll see a retirement home.
- Go inside the building and you’ll find a chest containing 1x Celeris, as well as a jukebox that you can interact with to acquire 25. Tango of Tears.
- You’ve most likely cleared the area, for now, so head towards the area where you were stopped by an orphan boy earlier when you were heading to Aerith’s house, speak to the boy named Oates, then go back to the Leaf House to check on Aerith.
Danger in the Hideout
- According to Oates, he saw a creepy guy wearing black robes who seems to fit the same description of the one you encountered back in Cloud’s apartment in Sector 7 Slums. Simply follow Oates with Aerith until you reach the children’s secret hideout.
- When you reach the hideout with Oates, there’s a chest that you can find that has 1x Moogle Medal. It’s next to the girl wearing a light blue jacket and holding a flower
- Continue forward through the hideout until you reach the marked objective until you reach the Undeveloped Area.
- The first batch of enemies you’ll encounter is 3x Hedgehog Pie. Next will be 7x Wererat and 1x Hedgehog Pie.
- After clearing the second group. Go up the plank that’s on the right side, you’ll find a chest at the top that has 1x Mega Potion.
- Go back down and proceed to the next section.
- For the next section, you’ll encounter 4x Wererat, followed by 2x Hedgehog Pie and another Wererat.
- The path from here is linear, so just head to the marked objective where you’ll encounter 1x Smogger and 2x Hedgehog Pie.
- Shortly after, four more Hedgehog Pie will appear and then 2x Smogger. Defeat the enemies and save the children.
Escort the Children
- After Cloud rescues the children, you’ll have to escort them back to the district.
- Along the way, you will encounter another Smogger and Hedgehog Pie enemies.
- Once you’ve defeated the enemies, head back to the marked objective and talk to Oates. He’ll reward you with 1x Handmade Necklace.
Requests for the Mercenary
- After the cutscene where the hooded guy appears, talk to Oates to obtain some side quests. There are six side quests here that you can take, the next main scenario of the game is to head back to Aerith’s house. Before doing so, make sure you complete all 6 side quests, especially, The Mysterious Moogle Merchant so that you can unlock The Moogle Emporium shop which has some important items you’ll want to purchase.
- The Moogle Emporium is at the Children’s Secret Hideout, and you’ll need to have sufficient Moogle Medal in order to trade items. Basically, you will have to buy the Moogle Membership Card to complete the mission and for the shop to be open.
- While you are exploring the district, if you head towards the path which you avoided earlier before reaching the train station, you’ll find a chest there that has 1x Mythril Armlet.
- Also, in the middle part of the map of the undercity station, you’ll find a man standing next to a record player (Gramophone), speak to the man to obtain 23. Descendant of Shinobi.
- Apart from that, on the south side corner of the station platform, there’s a chest that has 500 Gil.
- You can also return to the church and investigate the backroom where the spectres pulled you in during the main scenario: Escape from the Church. You’ll be able to pick up the Chakra Materia that’s inside the room that was previously blocked by the spectres.
- At the Leaf House, you can now head inside where you’ll find a chest that has 1x Ether.
- Make sure to stop by the Leaf House to trigger a cutscene. The housemother will stop you to thank you and show you the mural that they’ve done out of the flowers you and Aerith gathered. This unlocks the Trophy: Say it with Flowers.
- At this point, you’ve pretty much cleared the area. Make sure to stock up on supplies and check the stores in case you miss out on buying some items. And also, have Aerith and Cloud equip the Wind Materia and Elemental Materia to their weapons to prepare for another boss battle.
- On your way back to Aerith’s house, you’ll trigger another boss encounter against another Turk, Rude. Rude is weak to Wind, that’s why it’s recommended for you to link the elemental and wind materia to Cloud or Aerith’s weapon to hit its weakness.
- Simply defeat Rude to progress the story.
Discovery The Language of Flowers
- After the battle, and if you manage to complete all side quests for this chapter, you’ll be able to unlock a Discovery event once you reach the garden.
- Follow Aerith around the back of the garden to trigger a cutscene. You’ll be able to grab the MP Up Materia after the cutscene.
- Go back to Aerith’s house after grabbing the materia and another cutscene will trigger
The Price of Strength
- When you wake up during the night, your objective is to sneak out of the house without hitting any of the things that are lying around. If you accidentally knock any of the things around, Aerith wakes up and you’ll have to start over.
- When you reach the living area, you’ll find Elmyra sitting next to the table. Go outside Aerith’s house and head towards the marked objective which completes this chapter.
It’s end. I hope “FF7 Remake Chapter 8 Budding Bodyguard Quest Guide” helps you. Feel free to contribute the topic. If you have also comments or suggestions, comment us.