Steamy Bathhouse Bonus Quest Guide
Quest 23: Acquire an Old Key
- Acquire an Old Key is the 23rd Quest in Persona 4 Golden. This quest first becomes available on June 5th.
- This quest is requested by an old woman on the Samegawa Flood Plain. Bring her an Old Key to open a box.
- This is another retrieve quest. Obtain an Old Key from a Shadow in the Bathhouse. The shadow is called Bribed Fuzz, and it appears between the first and second floors. Find and return the item to end the quest.
- The reward for completing the quest is increased Knowledge and Courage.
Quest 24: Acquire Coal
- Acquire Coal is the 24th Quest in Persona 4 Golden. It first becomes available on June 9th.
- This quest is requested by an old man in the Northern part of the Central Shopping District.
- This is another retrieve quest. Coal can be found in the Bathhouse from a Shadow. The Shadow’s name is Selfish Basalt, and can be found between floors 6 and 8.
- The reward for completing this quest is 15000 Yen.
Quest 26: Acquire a Crooked Cross
- Acquire a Crooked Cross is the 26th Quest in Persona 4 Golden. It first becomes available on June 7th after Quest 1.
- This quest is requested by a female student in your classroom (2-2). She asks for a Crooked Cross.
- This is another retrieve quest. A Crooked Cross can be obtained from a Shadow in the Bathhouse. The Shadow is called Tranquil Idol, and it can be found on Floor 4 and up.
- The reward for completing the quest is an Ointment.
Quest 28: Desk Refurbishing, Part 2
- Desk Refurbishing, Part 2 is the 28th Quest in Persona 4 Golden. It first becomes available on June 7th after Quest 16.
- This quest is requested by a female student in Practice Building 2F of Yasogami High School. Bring her glue-resistant board.
- This is another retrieve quest. The glue-resistant board can be found from a Shadow in the Bathhouse. The Shadow is called the Crying Table, and it’s located on floors nine and ten.
- The reward for completing the quest is a Snuff Soul.
Quest 29: Acquire a Horn
- Acquire a Horn is the 29th Quest in Persona 4 Golden. It first becomes available on June 9th.
- This quest is requested by an old housewife in the South side of the Central Shopping District. She asks for a Grand Horn.
- This is another retrieve quest. Find a Grand Horn from a Shadow in the Bathhouse. This Shadow is called the Grave Beetle, and is located between the 9th and 10th floors.
- The reward for completing this quest is 18000 Yen.
Quest 34: Acquire Hard Boots
- Acquire Hard Boots is the 34th Quest in Persona 4 Golden. It first becomes available on July 3rd after Quest 20.
- This quest is requested by a man at the South side of the Central Shopping District. Bring him Hard Boots.
- This particular quest is part retrieve, but the second half takes some processing.
- Find five Thick Hides from the Shadows called “Dancing Hand” at the Bathhouse. They are located between floors five and eight.
- After obtaining five Thick Hides, take them to Daidara’s Metalworks Shop in the Southern part of the Central Shopping District. Sell them to Daidara, and he will turn them into Hard Boots. The boots are found in the Buy tab on Chie’s weapons list, as you would expect. Buy the boots but don’t equip them, and take them to the man to complete the quest.
- The reward for completing this quest is the Book Guide to Pests and 5000 Yen.
Note: Some guides say that you need to collect 10 Thick Hides, but this is incorrect. You only need 5. This seems to be a change from the original version of the game.
These quests will be marked in the “Quests” section of the menu when you pause your game. There are 69 quests in total, most requiring you to retrieve items from The TV Dungeons. All these quests are marked in the order they appear in the Western release of Persona 4 Golden. The numbers may be different in other versions, but the names should be the same.
The quests that follow are usually fetch quests that require you to retrieve items from certain enemies in the various dungeons. However, they are considered “Bonus Dungeon” quests as they will typically not become available until after you have completed the dungeon they pertain to, and thus aren’t really mandatory.
However, completing some of these Bonus Dungeon Quests will unlock more quests at a later date. So, it is highly recommended that you not sell your loot until you are sure that nothing you obtained from the original dungeon can be used to complete a quest you would otherwise have to return for.
Once the date required to rescue whomever (Yukiko, Kanji, etc.) has passed, the dungeon changes/remixes a little bit to offer some different enemies and a new challenge to the player.
The final boss is different as well, typically offering a larger challenge with the reward for defeating the final boss usually being an exceptionally powerful weapon for the character you rescued from the dungeon previously. Going back to Yukiko’s Castle and killing the new boss after rescuing her will yield you a fairly powerful Fan Weapon for Yukiko to utilize.