Races: Crows Perch Walkthrough
Start Location: This quest can be acquired via a notice posted on the Crow’s Perch Notice board.
This is the first of several horse riding race related side-quests and fortunately each of these side-missions are short, relatively easy and probably won’t cause you too much grief as long as you are alright in the saddle. The quests require that you track down a series of challengers and best them in horse races over a number of different courses.
For horse racing, there are a few general tips that you should always look to exploit:
- Getting in front early is your best bet. Be sure alternate between canter and running to recharge your horse’s stamina though!
- When you are in front, you can drop back from a gallop to a canter and effectively move back and forward to block other horses coming from behind. This is especially effective in narrow segments of track.
- Be sure to stay on the racing line! Some races will fail you if you stray too far and Roach is likely to come to a screeching halt if you hit any slight obstacle along the way.
For each of the races in the ‘Races: Crow’s Perch‘ side-quest, you need to speak with Radko nearby start the race, during which you can bet gold – if you win, you’ll double your deposit and if you lose you’ll lose it all. Radko can be found on a road to the west of Crow’s Perch and will initially set you up for three races.
Once you have spoken with Radko to initiate the race, you’ll be able to choose one of three challengers – there seems to be no real difference between the challengers as far as I can tell however you will need to beat all three around the same track in a one-on-one race to complete this portion of the side-quest.
All three races are essentially the same; you’ll need to follow the black racing line on the mini-map whilst going through the lit up checkpoints on route. There are a few obstacles (barrels, logs across the track etc.) that seem to change each race, but as long as you use the tips above and avoid said obstacles you should have no real issues with bringing home the bacon in each.
- Note: For winning the first race you’ll earn 20 Crowns, Horse Blinders and 25XP.
- Note: For winning the second race you’ll earn 30 Crowns, Racing Saddle and 25XP.
- Note: For winning the third race you’ll earn 40 Crowns, Saddlebags and 25XP.
Successfully winning all three races will end the side-quest.